Blood loss in early pregnancy
Losing a little blood during the first few weeks of pregnancy is not uncommon, but what should you do?
- First of all, make an appointment with your doctor. It may be nothing, but we prefer to be sure.
- One of the most common causes is the attachment of the egg to the lining of the uterus, which is often thought to be the return of the period.
- Your vagina and cervix are a little more irritable than usual. This is normal.
- Hormones can cause bleeding.
- More rarely, the expulsion of a twin egg.
Unfortunately, in some cases, miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy can occur, which is why it is essential to seek medical attention in all cases!