Calculation of parental leave
If you want to take time off to take care of your biological or adopted child, find out how parental leave is calculated.
- After your maternity leave, you have the right to ask for a parental leave, called "shared child education benefit" (PreParE).
- It is not paid by the employer, but you can benefit from a monthly compensation paid by your Caisse d'Allocations Familiales according to your activity rate:
- 147,67 euros in case of work equivalent or superior to part-time.
- 256.01 euros if you work less than half-time.
- 396,01 euros in case of total cessation of activity.
- The duration of this aid depends on your family situation.