The paternity leave letter
If your spouse wants to take birth leave, here's how to tell your employer.
- The employer must be informed via a letter.
- This letter will specify his wish to benefit from his paternity leave, in accordance with the Labor Code relating to family events.
- It must mention the start and end date of the leave.
- He is entitled to 3 consecutive or separate working days, to be agreed upon with the employer.
- In addition to this letter, your spouse must provide a copy of the baby's birth certificate, as soon as possible.