Breastfeeding: are there rules in all this?
After 9 months of peace, here they are again...
- Yes, sooner or later after giving birth, your menstruation is back.
- But if you chose to breastfeed your baby, the good news is that you should be entitled to a little mercy.
- Prolactin, a hormone secreted during breastfeeding, has the effect of stopping ovulation, at least for a while.
- And no eggs means no period.
- So don't worry if you're not getting your period back.
- For most women, it will not appear until the feeds are more than 6 hours apart and the baby is exclusively breastfed.