Sibling jealousy begins in childhood, when parents establish, sometimes unintentionally, an atmosphere of competition between their children.
- Here are some common parental attitudes that can lead to siblings jealousy:
- Making them do the exact same activities; the less talented child will always feel jealous of the more talented one.
- Comparing them: "Look at your brother, he's getting better grades than you in school!"
- Neglect the older child a little when the second child is born.
- The jealousy between brothers is noticeable from childhood, especially when games regularly turn into bickering.