The maternity suitcase for mom: what to pack?
If the mom-to-be has filled her maternity suitcase with the well-being of her baby in mind, she should as well think about her own comfort. But what should she put in her suitcase for the big day?
- Your medical file with your last ultrasounds, medical exams, health insurance card, family record book if needed, and blood group card.
- Above all, bring a large t-shirt or nightgown for the delivery room, and a pair of socks and a cardigan if you are cold!
- Expect to wait a few hours before the baby arrives: music, books, and magazines will be your allies.
- For your stay, plan on four comfortable outfits such as leggings and a t-shirt (open to the neckline if you plan to breastfeed).
- Two nightgowns and two or three pairs of socks.
- Your toiletry kit with shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, moisturizer, hairbrush, lip balm, and makeup.
- Disposable panties with highly absorbent sanitary napkins.
- Towels and a bathrobe.
- If you are breastfeeding, two nursing bras, breast pads, and a lanolin-based ointment will be needed.
- If you’re having a C-section, bring two extra outfits!