What to pack for the baby in the maternity suitcase?
Is the arrival of the baby imminent? A padded cocoon should be prepared for the baby in the delivery room. But, what else should you pack for the baby in the maternity suitcase?
- Pack a special outfit for the delivery room composed of a long-sleeved bodysuit, a cotton cap, velvet pajamas, socks, and a wool jumper.
- Plan on using six to eight long-sleeved bodysuits, and the same for velvet or cotton pajamas, depending on the season.
- Four to five pairs of socks and two or three wool tops.
- A sleeping bag or a swaddling blanket to keep the baby warm.
- Four to five towels, cloth diapers, and four or five bibs.
- Choose cotton and pure wool over synthetic fabrics that may irritate the baby's delicate skin.
- A pack of 3-5 kilo diapers if not provided by the maternity hospital, as well as a toiletry kit containing a washing gel, nappy cream, compresses, and physiological serum.
- A nice outfit to leave the hospital.
- Finally, don't forget a cuddly toy or a small stuffed animal!