How often should I breastfeed my baby?
You're about to start your life as a mom and you're wondering how to know the right frequency for breastfeeding your baby?
- There's only one thing you need to know: listen to your baby.
- Contrary to what our grandmothers (and mothers) thought, there is no ideal time between feedings.
- To produce enough milk, your breasts need to be stimulated as often as your baby is hungry.
- If you make him wait, you may never get enough.
- So one word of advice: meet the baby's demand, even if the feeds are very close together at first.