Separation of parents of a 2-year-old
A 2-year-old child is already very attentive and understands a lot about the world around him. How do you approach the separation of his parents with him?
- First of all, you should know that a young child is a real sponge for emotions.
- Even if they don't speak perfectly yet, they pick up on parents' anxiety, sadness, or anger.
- Protect them by not arguing with the father in front of them.
- When parents separate with a 2-year-old, the mom usually gets custody so as not to disrupt the child's safety and development.
- The father has regular visiting rights.