At what age is school mandatory?
Schooling, we are more or less in a hurry to get there, but in fact, at what age are children obliged to go to school?
- Until now, school was compulsory from the age of 6, i.e. when entering the first grade.
- Parents were therefore not obliged to send their children to kindergarten.
- But things are changing for the start of the 2019 school year!
- From next September, school becomes compulsory from the age of 3, in other words, for entry into the pre-school section.
- Only the very small section, from 2 years and a half, remains optional.