Focus on children of divorced parents
In the event of a divorce, a child can suffer as much as their parents, if not more. Here's how to help him accept and overcome your separation.
- Each child will experience their parents' separation differently, depending on their own sensitivity and age.
- Some children of divorced parents adapt well to their new situation, while others may have more difficulty dealing with the separation.
- Before the age of two, the absence of one parent can generate a feeling of abandonment.
- Be aware of your child's needs and take the time to explain things to them.
- You can also seek the help of a child psychologist to help your child get through this ordeal.