The rights and duties of parents
As a parent, you have rights and duties towards your child. We'll tell you more about it:
- You are obliged to provide your child with emotional and material safety.
- You have the duty to provide your child with an education.
- Until your child reaches legal adult age, you have the right to make all decisions that concern them.
- This decision-making is of course done in agreement with your partner.
- Certain rights and duties continue beyond adult age until your offspring reaches financial independence.
- Within reason, of course!