What is a hyperactive child?
Your child can't stay still and is always making mistakes, but does that mean they are hyperactive? We'll tell you.
- Don't worry, a child with a lot of energy is not necessarily hyperactive.
- Hyperactivity is a psychiatric disorder that affects about 5% of children in France.
- In addition to being very agitated, a hyperactive child also has difficulty concentrating and is impulsive.
- For example, he will interrupt conversations, overtake friends in line...
- Only a qualified professional, neuropsychologist, and/or pediatrician, can establish the diagnosis of hyperactivity on the basis of specific tests and questionnaires.