How to calculate when you are ovulating?
To conceive a baby, many women watch for their fertility window and monitor their ovulation. Understanding ovulation: how to calculate your fertility window?
- In a woman, a cycle can go from 21 to 35 days, with an average of 28 days.
- Don't be fooled: ovulation does not happen in the middle of the cycle!
- Rather, to find out when you are ovulating, you need to subtract 14 days from the length of your cycle.
- Ovulation lasts only for 24 hours, but the fertility window lasts 5 days: it usually starts 4 days before ovulation and ends 24 hours after.
- If you have irregular cycles, you can rely on the signs your body sends you or take an ovulation test.