The bedtime ritual: an essential moment
For a young child, the transition from day to night can be a source of anxiety. By instituting a bedtime ritual, you can help him overcome his fears.
- The goal is to help your baby calm down and feel peaceful before going to sleep.
- Put your child in his bed at the first sign of fatigue.
- The ritual is the same every day, but it will evolve with age.
- Your voice is an important part of the ritual.
- As a toddler, you can speak softly and hum a lullaby in his ear.
- As he gets older, you can tell him stories.