At what age do nightmares start?
As frightening for you as for your child, nightmares make their first appearance around the age of 1.
- Wolves, dragons, witches and other terrifying monsters haunt your child's nights.
- Before the age of 4, your child will need your reassuring presence to help him distinguish between dreams and reality.
- Stay calm and don't deny his fears.
- To calm him down, you can show him that he is well protected by checking with him that the doors are closed or that no monster is hiding under his bed.
- Don't worry, the bad dream period never lasts very long.