An update on grandparents' rights
The Civil Code formally establishes the right of children to have a relationship with their grandparents. How does this law apply?
- Grandparents are legally involved in their grandchildren's lives and cannot be forbidden to have a relationship with them without a valid reason in court.
- A grandparent, whether natural or not, has the following rights
- receive visits from their grandchildren
- invite them to sleep at their home
- correspond with them and telephone them
- participate in their education